Weekly Newsletter of West County Pres.
A popular refrain among Christians is that “We are in the world but not of it.” But what does that actually mean? This week Jordan Dayoub conntinued this series as he preached a sermon titled "Wonder Transforms Us" using the passage from Psalm 65. Our sermons are posted on this website. If you missed them, feel free to listen online.
A Note for Children and Families
Dear friends and families,
Over the next few Sundays, our teachers in Children's Worship will be preparing our kids for Palm Sunday and for Easter. In addition to their routine Bible studies, they will be learning a song to share with the congregation on Palm Sunday.
This last Sunday, our children discovered the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15). Children will learn that their decisions are important. However, the larger lesson for our kids is about God's nature and the nature of His love. Our kids will learn that God is a loving God, who is willing to embarrass Himself to offer us His affections.
With Blessings and Prayers,
Children & Family Ministry Director
West County Presbyterian Church
Spring Celebration April 2019
Our Spring-Catch Up is right around the corner : Make plans now.
The WCP women are having a ladies “catch-up” evening, Friday, April 12, at 7:00 pm at Sandy Nelson’s home, 148 Kendall Bluff Ct., Chesterfield, MO 63017. Please e-mail Sandy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know you are coming.
Connect Groups: "Reaching in"
Good news! Our connect groups continue. If you are not already, you can get involved with one. The connect groups meet on Sunday afternoons at 12:30 pm or Sunday evenings starting at 6:30 pm - each meeting twice a month. Sign up sheets for the Connect Groups will be in the lobby of the YMCA. Please take the time and sign up to engage with your fellow WCP families in this way.
It's that time of year again for our Men’s Wednesday Morning discussion group. I want you to know that our time together is not only about the topics we discuss but the bond of fellowship and relationship forged between us. As Psalm 133 declares, 'it is good for brothers to dwell together in unity’ especially in our age of rootlessness and disconnection, the time we spend together is crucial.
Click here for the article which we will discuss Wednesday
We will meet 6 times from March 6-April 10. Our first meeting will be Wednesday morning March 6th; bright and early at 7 am at the Panera's (St Louis Bread Co) on Clarkson near Baxter.
Listen to Past Sermons
Text to Give
WCP is now set up to receive tithes and offerings via text messaging. So if you are interested in this option to give, follow these steps to take part in Text-To-Give:
1. Send an amount (example: $5 or $1.00) to the short code 84321. This is a shared short code used by other churches in your area.
2. If the number isn't set up for text-to-give, a setup link will be sent back. Tap the setup link to be guided to the next step.
3. Select your church. A list of churches in the area will be suggested. If your phone number is recognized by Planning Center Giving, the appropriate church will be listed as a "Suggested" organization. (Use "63017" to locate WCP.)
4. Enter your email address and, if prompted, your name.
5. Enter the payment method you'd like to use for text-to-give. If you're already a donor and you've added a payment method before (say, a bank account for ACH or a credit card) then you can optionally log in to access your saved payment methods.
Sign up to Receive Our Digital Newsletter
Want to sign up to receive our weekly email newsletter? Simply contact Mitch and say, "put me on your newsletter email list" and we'll get it done. Here is his contact info: email@example.com
Looking back: New Members
It was wonderful to welcome new members to West County. Sunday, the 3rd, our newest members were officially received into the life of the church. Welcome to the family!!